Author Topic: Dan Clark Safety Program - Everything you wanted to know!  (Read 10275 times)

VersysRider

Dan Clark Safety Program - Everything you wanted to know!
« on: September 06, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »
I have received many emails recently about the Dan Clark Safety Program. Below is the updated information. Please take special note that the Murray's address has changed! They now reside in Florida, so be sure to send your receipts to the correct address.

If you get a chance, be sure to give a big Thank You to the Murray's for administrating the program as well as the Clark family for their generous yearly donation that makes the Dan Clark Safety Program possible.

Dan Clark Safety Program

1. The object of this program is to promote the use of “Motorcycle Safety Apparel” and “Rider Training” to MSTA members. Funding for this program will come from the “Dan Clark Safety Program”.

2. Each year the MSTA Executive Committee (EC) will designate a maximum amount of funds available for disbursement to the program from the Dan Clark Fund. This amount can vary from year to year.

3. The program will run from January 1 to December 31 of each year and will be administered by the Safety Advancement Members and the MSTA V.P.

4. To be eligible, you must be a member when you purchase the item or service, and still be a member when the drawing is held. Send a copy of the dated receipt for eligible apparel or training to the Dan Clark Safety Fund (address below). A separate copy should be sent for each item. Eligible items from the calendar year will be entered into a drawing that will be held in February. The number of names drawn will be determined by the amount of available funds for that year. Members whose names are drawn will be reimbursed 50% of the cost of the eligible item: maximum of $100.00.

5. Names drawn in the program will be announced each year at STAR and the MSTA Treasurer will mail the recipients a reimbursement check.

6. Examples of eligible safety apparel: Full-faced helmets, full-fingered gloves, riding boots, riding suits, electric vests and jackets. Some eligible training courses: MSF Basic and Experienced Rider courses, Accident Scene Management, American Heart Association C.P.R. classes, Atlanta Motorcycle Schools, Lee Parks Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic, Red Cross First Aid, Reg Pridmore’s CLASS Riding Course. There are others: check out the “FOCUS” column in your STAReview.

7. Examples of ineligible items: Track Days, headlight modulators, radios, GPS systems, throttle locks, publications, and cell phones.

8. Decisions on what safety apparel and training are eligible will be made by the Safety Advancement Members and the EC. All decisions on eligibility are final.

9. Submissions must be received by January 31, for items purchased the preceding year.

10. Address:

Dan Clark Safety Fund
c/o J. K. Murray
3768 Pebble Terrace
Port Charlotte, FL 30980
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 05:06:50 PM by VersysRider »

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: Dan Clark Safety Program - Everything you wanted to know!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:22:02 AM »
Just sent my receipt in for my new boots! Now just pull my name out of all the entrants and get me a check!  8)
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »
Well, I'll be sending in some later in the year. Since my little off at end of September, I'm gonna need new gloves, jacket, pants and a shield. Surprised my helmet didn't really touch down. I guess that's what happens in a "minor, low-speed" off.  :'(
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »
Just sent in my receipt for some new gloves!

I still think this is incredibly hard to find! If I were a new member there is no way that I can think of to find this wonderful resource! Just my $.03 worth!

YMMV

Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 04:24:46 PM »
......I still think this is incredibly hard to find! If I were a new member there is no way that I can think of to find this wonderful resource! Just my $.03 worth!

Well, Jay just started this thread on the forum with a title that should pretty much let's members know there's something about the Dan Clark fund in the thread AND it is listed in our Blue Book (needs address correction) AND it is listed in the Benefits Newsletter AND it's listed on our MSTA homepage under the "members benefits" pull down.
I guess yet another reminder in StaReview might be a good idea.
Outside of that there are billboards and those planes that fly overhead with the banners, maybe? ;) -JEP-
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:35:21 PM by RIDEMYST »

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 04:35:44 PM »
Sign out and go in as a new member = you don't know what the Dan Clark Safety Program is. From that point of view is certainly not obvious.
Then as a long time member I had to do a search knowing the name of the program.
Oh well... It's probably just me. I'm the only one who had a hard time finding where to send submissions. Oh and 4 of my friends here who have been members for a year or two knew nothing about it.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 06:37:13 PM »
Was the change of address info in STAReview at some point? It may have been and I haven't seen it or forgot (I'm a couple issues behind). Otherwise those using the info in the Blue Book will be sending them to the wrong address.

I think a lot of people just don't remember it, or don't bother since they don't know where their receipts are, etc. Or think they won't be selected.

A reminder is always helpful. Anything that can help new or long time members.

Brick,
What do you mean your friends didn't know about it, didn't you tell them about it? ;)
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 08:20:17 PM »
Of course I told them. But when they joined the should have gotten to from the club.
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

VersysRider

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »
I sent out an email on September 6, 2014 to all MSTA members with an email address on file. The information was also posted on the MSTA Facebook page that day. Here's a link to the email...http://ridemsta.com/home/newsletter-archive/archive/view/listid-1-mailing_list/mailid-40-dan-clark-safety-program-msta/tmpl-component.html

Guys, important info is posted on the forum, in STAReview, sent to the membership by email and most times posted to Facebook. What else can be done? A personal phone call to each and every MSTA member?  ::) Every attempt is made to get the information out there, if you have a better idea on how to reach more members, let me know.

Many of the emails bounce due to invalid email addresses or yiour service provider is blocking them, so be sure your's is up to date and make sure emails from maillist@ridemsta.us is not being marked as spam by your email software or service provider. Also, check the forum often.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:28:05 PM by VersysRider »