Ride Reports > MSTA Sanctioned Event Reports

STAR 2017

(1/3) > >>

HawkGTRider:
The announcement has been made...
STAR 2017 will be in Colorado Springs, CO on June 11-15. I'm ready!

We'll be staying at the Hotel Elegante. It has over 500 rooms, so no one will need to be in any kind of overflow housing. Yeah!

Nice hotel in a great location. Sounds like a winner.

Brick:
Yes! Colorado and not Avon! Don't get me wrong but I've been to Avon too many times so I will love this!

Geoffrey shouldn't this announcement be in another thread other than Event Reports?

Paco Bulto:
That sounds great! I hope to be able to make it.

HawkGTRider:
More appropriate as an event report, here are some notes on the member's meeting at STAR...

President Dennis Villarose introduced each of the Executive Board members.

Door prize winners are posted on the door of room 217 around the corner from the desk. Times to pick up any item you won are posted in the schedule of events.

Sanctioned events for the rest of the calendar year were highlighted.

Dennis highlighted the seminars scheduled for Tuesday evening.

Vice President Ann Redner presented several opportunities for volunteers. They include the national event coordinator (after 10+ years, Jon Sr and Janet Campbell are stepping down), STAR registrar (Harry Hemstreet is stepping down after 10 years, but he would be pleased to work with someone new for next year's STAR to help ease the transition), and Michigan state director.

We have new Dan Clark fund coordinators, and the checks for items submitted are scheduled to go out around the end of July.

Awards
The MSTA State Director of the Year award was presented to Patrick Mogavero of Kentucky.
The MSTA State Newsletter of the Year was awarded to Don Moe of Florida.
The MSTA State Web Site of the Year was presented to Van VanSteelant and Kim Longacre of Florida.

Membership report
Mike Tissandier, our membership director, announced that due to a system crash early in the year, several hundred renewal reminders have just recently gone out. Our membership currently stands at around 1300.
The vast majority of new members come to the club through recruitment by current members.
We are looking at signing up for an automated service to handle some of the membership duties, and we need additional volunteers to assist with mailings, etc.

After a brief question and answer session, we adjourned to the ice cream social provided by the hotel.

RIDEMYST:
Good report!

Sent by using these little bitty keys on my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version