Author Topic: Congratulate Gregg Mitchell: Retired from 18yrs as Michigan State Director  (Read 7377 times)

Leaner

As Gregg noted in a January 5th message to the Michigan Squadron:

In August 1998, I received a letter from the then VP of the HSTA, confirming that my offer to volunteer as the State Director for the 68 member Michigan Squadron was accepted by the Executive Council of the HSTA.

The letter went on to state what my duties would be and how I should try to accomplish them.
 One of my duties was to plan for someone to take my place.
 It took awhile -- but I finally got around to it.

During his 18yr tenure Gregg grew the Michigan Squadron from 68 members to it's current 260+ members and it is now the largest Squadron in the MSTA, accounting for something like 15% of the total. 

Congratulations on a job well done
.  A measure of how much he's been doing? - it's going to take at least three of us to assume his duties, which spanned from State Director to Michigan Membership Director to Newsletter publisher and more.  That doesn't include the dozens of riding events he created over the years, membership recognition points, dealership relationships, encouraging members to create their own events, invite friends, a monthly breakfast meeting with attendance regularly in the mid-seventies and occasionally peaking into the nineties and a year-end banquet wrapping everything up, only to immediately start again the next year.

As one of the many members who've been along for the ride since 1998 I stand in awe of what he's accomplished.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:24:36 AM by Leaner »

Offline banjobart

• Forum Member II
    • Bart Reiter Banjo Co.
  • Lifetime Mileage: 275,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2013 Ninja 1000
Wow!
2013 Ninja 1000, 2013 CB1100
2011 GSX1250, 2013 Super Tenere

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
I also want to extend my congratulations and a very sincere WELL DONE to Greg.  What he and the rest of the Michigan group have accomplished over the years should be an example to every state director and member.  What they have built up in Michigan is truly a model for how to build and organization and have fun along the way.  Those that follow him have a great deal to thank him for.  I am very confident that the Michigan group will continue to thrive because of the quality of people involved.

Hey Greg......now that you are "retired" are you going to move south?  After all, I hear all they teach in those schools up north there is "readin', writin', and I-75 South".   :)
not all that wander are lost

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
Congrats to Gregg, he's built quite the group in Michigan. As Ian says it will take 3 people to replace him, that says a lot.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 718710
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
Congratulations Gregg. Your talent as state  director is known for and wide even down here in Bayou Country.
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha TRacer 9GT

Offline AugFern

• MSTA Member
  • Motorcycling!
    • Under The Radar Michigan
  • Lifetime Mileage: 356,000 +/-
  • Primary Motorcycle: '15 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT
Congratulations Gregg! THANK YOU!    8)   Congratulations Gregg! THANK YOU!   8)   Congratulations Gregg! THANK YOU!   8)   Congratulations Gregg! THANK YOU!   8)   Congratulations Gregg! THANK YOU!   8)   Congratulations Gregg! THANK YOU!   8)   Congratulations Gregg! THANK YOU!

You're the guy who got me to join the MSTA and I thank you for introducing me to a great group of serious riders. Your contributions to the Michigan Squadron will never be matched. You built a Great Squadron. We had our first meeting without you today and the one thing I realized was in the transition you neglected to give Banjo Bart the combination to the Joke Vault. Ian, Bart and I realize that you have set the bar high and we guarantee we'll meet the challenge.Enjoy your promotion to "Just A Member"!

Phil Bolichowski

A Special Thanks to Gregg from Windsor Ontario Canada
  From all the guys in Windsor, that are part of the Michigan squadron, THANKS GREGG for a SUPER job. You are the GOLD standard by which groups are measured!

Offline banjobart

• Forum Member II
    • Bart Reiter Banjo Co.
  • Lifetime Mileage: 275,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2013 Ninja 1000
Re: Congratulate Gregg Mitchell: Retired from 18yrs as Michigan State Director
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 10:53:20 PM »
The Michigan MSTA members presented Gregg with wonderful thank yous and gifts at the monthly meeting last Saturday, February 27. He rewarded us all with one of his best jokes. Everyone had a great time, it was a blast!
2013 Ninja 1000, 2013 CB1100
2011 GSX1250, 2013 Super Tenere

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
Congratulations and Thank You to Gregg Mitchell! You have done a fantastic job building a regional MSTA organization in Michigan.

Looks like Augie Ferandes is coming on strong as a successor to keep the Michigan Squadron going.

Best wishes & kudos all around!

Norm Kern