Author Topic: Gary Weade  (Read 13158 times)

Offline PYG RYDR

• MSTA Member
  • Adventure/Dualsport
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tenere 700
Gary Weade
« on: October 25, 2019, 09:50:05 AM »
From local TV news.
AMHERST CO., Va. (WFXR)- A motorcyclist is dead after a crash involving a deer on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
The National Park Service said it happened on Thursday, October 24, 2019, at approximately 3:00 p.m.
The motorcyclist was identified as Gary Allen Weade, age 70, of Lexington, Virginia.  Local Deputies and Law Enforcement Rangers said he was dead when they arrived on scene.
No additional details were released.

PYG RYDR
T800XC-701E-T700-FE450

Offline GlibGuy

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: Suzuki DL650
Re: Gary Weade
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 11:17:56 AM »
Very sorry to hear.  Met Gary at the very first HSTA event I attended.  He was a nice guy.
Mick
2019 Tracer GT 900, 2009 DL650, 2020 Husqvarna 501
33 states and Mexico

Offline Tom S

• MSTA Member
  • 901-568-9747
    • http://www.sullivanhomeplans.com
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: RC51, FZ6, VFR, naked PC, carbon-fiber 900RR and dirt bikes.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 02:55:16 PM »
Very sad.  Gary and I used to talk by phone at least once a year.  He would call me from time to time and ask if I was going to MSTA events.  He had planned to attend STAR this year but he said finances kept him at home.  The first time I met Gary was my first STAR in West Virginia in the 90's. We had a pretty big crowd from Memphis come led by Phillip Donovan.  Keith Huckabey and I were looking to hook up with resident fast guys, so Vic Norton suggested we find the Indiana(?) Bomb Squad led by Gary Weade.  We did, and we were not disappointed.  We even inspired Vic to join in on the fun on his ST1100.
We will miss Gary here on planet Earth.  But, I'm sure that he and Keith will get together for some Heavenly rides!
Sr. Top Gun. (If it weren't for Billy)

Offline BlueRidgeGal

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 10:58:48 PM »
Gary was a super terrific individual. He never failed to look me up at various events to chat and he always brought smiles and laughter with him too.
Since learning of this tragedy, many other memories of Gary have surfaced and resurfaced in my mind. I still haven't been able to wrap my head around acknowledging this horrific news.
I know that I haven't been able to attend many of the events in recent years, but I am going to miss my dear buddy and friend from Rockbridge Baths, Virginia.
I do find comfort and knowing that he was doing something that he loved to do and was in one of the prettiest places on Earth. May he rest in peace.
Proud owner of:
2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6E
2009 Kawasaki KLX250SF
2012 BMW F800ST

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 08:14:58 AM »
It’s been a rough couple of years in regards to losing many longtime members.  :( .  They are all missed and Gary will be no less than any of the others.  May he Rest In Peace and may his family find comfort in the knowledge that he was very much liked by all that knew him.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 10:40:36 AM by Patmo »
not all that wander are lost

Offline brider

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: Versys 1000
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 08:43:34 AM »
Can someone post a couple of pics of Gary?
Versys 1000 LT
Versys 300X
1975 Trail 90

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 08:46:09 AM »
I didn't know Gary well, only met him a few times. But years ago I heard of this legendary fast guy of the group. Someone I could never be or compete with. However, instead of the upity snobby speedster guy, I met a friendly and easy going kind of person with a sense of humor that kept ya smiling.
How we lost him is tragic, where we lost him is one of the most beautiful places I know. So may his spirit and soul be at peace, it's almost heaven. Godspeed, Gary.

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 10:23:08 AM »
Gary was definitely one of a kind and a real human being. Gary always loved the naked bikes and those were his Sport Touring bikes. During one of the last events held at Dillard, GA and yes it was raining. A bunch of us were out front under the over hang at the hotel. Gary rolls in with a very tight fitting rain suit on over his leathers. The rain suit was quite old and had been folded up wet before consequently it had a very strong odor. As I remember he needed help peeling that rain suit off and we all bemoaned the odor that came out.
Most excellent memories of Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline DRB

• MSTA Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »
Jim and Barbara Wagoner just sent me Garry's obituary.  This is an excellent obituary and well worth the reading.

https://www.thenews-gazette.com/content/gary-allen-weade-70-rockbridge-county-died-oct-24
Jim let me know on Thursday night about Gary.  I hav emany found memories of riding with Gary over the past 20+ years.  Gary was the first person in the MSTA I ever rode with back at TnStar in 96 or 97.  I gave up following him after about 20 miles riding as fast I I could go.  The last time we rode together was at TriStar this year.  I was the youngest in our group by  over 10 years.
Gary will be missed!!

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 05:46:04 PM »
Jim and Barbara Wagoner just sent me Garry's obituary.  This is an excellent obituary and well worth the reading.

https://www.thenews-gazette.com/content/gary-allen-weade-70-rockbridge-county-died-oct-24
Jim let me know on Thursday night about Gary.  I hav emany found memories of riding with Gary over the past 20+ years.  Gary was the first person in the MSTA I ever rode with back at TnStar in 96 or 97.  I gave up following him after about 20 miles riding as fast I I could go.  The last time we rode together was at TriStar this year.  I was the youngest in our group by  over 10 years.
Gary will be missed!!

Thank you for posting this link.  He will certainly be missed by so many.
not all that wander are lost

Offline Tom S

• MSTA Member
  • 901-568-9747
  • Primary Motorcycle: RC51, FZ6, VFR, naked PC, carbon-fiber 900RR and dirt bikes.
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 03:04:59 PM »
Well, I've heard (and seen) of a lot of close encounters with our four-legged, fury friends, but until recently I've been immune.  Luckily, I was in my Jeep on the way home from work the other day instead of on the bike.  I was having a distracted driving moment on the beautiful Wolf River Parkway when all of a sudden an Eye Max, head-lighted view of a big Doe showed up about 1' in front of my Jeep.  I was doing about 50 mph so it was less than one-second before I hit her.  Luckily, she was more than half way across my Jeep when I hit her so it spun her around and was not a full, center impact.  Had I been looking at the road instead of my stupid phone I think I would have had time to hit the brakes sooner.  A $1700 repair bill may make me a more responsible driver in the future, but who am I kidding.

Offline STLTHMSTA

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 350,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: ST1100abs
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2020, 08:13:11 AM »
Glad you're OK Tom. I thought maybe you were leading up to the truth about the PC's body work. Better Jeep than bike.  TM

Offline Tom S

• MSTA Member
  • 901-568-9747
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 12:28:34 PM »
Thanks.  No, my PC lost it's body work on the way to the last Friends of Freddie ride in Park Hills, MO.  I was working on my gassing it thru corners skills on a sweeping highway when all of a sudden I was sideways at 60 MPH.  Next thing I remember was waking up in a ditch with the PC upside-down.  Luckily a couple of locals saw it happen and helped me get it turned over and out of the ditch.  They then commented that this section of road was where a tanker truck turned over last week and spilled some of it's load. It took me a year before I quit thinking about it while gassing thru corners again.